Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Sembreak

Natutuwa talaga akong mabalitaan kung kumusta na ang ibang mga ka-klase at friends ko sa college, like Karen, she had been training in India, while Marc had been in US for some new system implementation and training. Oths with his band won the best band of the year in their company, Juls have been very proficient and reliable in his department as an electronics engineer, Jaime is about to become a Software Engineer, a position higher from the position I once have (Junior Software Engr… wow!), and Dense from what I have heard is training to become a flight attendant (no argument bout that though…)

So with all of their success and all, I get to think… am I going down the right path…? Or am I just keeping my self well… inferior…?

Right now I’m on sembreak, so basically I’m a bum… the only thing that is keeping me busy is the review sessions I am having with my students who are to embark on Siemen’s PLC Programming contest next month November… and the DOTA wars I get to play every night 9pm up to umn… 1:00am? (no wonder I always ends up like a slug a have a hard time waking up every morning…!)

yeah… I’m an instructor indeed, but the one who is utterly a novice, I even haven’t started pursuing my masters yet, and sadly don’t even have a plan of doing so… MFI’s 60 hour courses like hmn… Cellphone repair are inviting, I might enjoy learning more of the practical stuffs than to pursue another level in my education i.e. my masters… kasi in the back of my head, I’m still thinking of having a job on the field…and not just stay in the academe all my career life…

Pakiramdam ko talaga e, nagpapaikot-ikot na lang ang mga inferiorities ko like my pursuit for a challenging field work, the last one I had was indeed challenging but unfortunately it have to end (see Salmon Day). So where it left me? Ayoko rin namang isipin na ang trabaho bilang instructor e degrading, kasi hindi! Ang pagiging instructor o teacher ay may mas mataas na level sa iba pang trabaho, dahil ang isang guro ang umuukit ng future ng susunod na society…! (nice…)

Ilang beses ko nang narinig yung words (not word by word though) na…
“a teacher affects eternity, no one can tell where his/her influence ends…”

But still I can’t find my self to be a best of my field… nandun na rin siguro yung pagkabaguhan ko sa pagtuturo…. Pero I guess its more of the financial and self fulfillment issue…

Pano ko ba na-appreciate ang pagtuturo?

Well… we are looked upon by our students to be a superior on topics we teach, sometimes overrated pa nga… the nostalgic feeling of staying young because everyone around you is young (hmn… is that a positive or negative?)… you get to enjoy the basketball games, the culinary meals, and other college activities and stuffs (like the contests and exhibits, even field trips yay!)… and most of all… the fact that you are making others realize their dream and reach for it =)

Nonetheless, this still might be my last sem, for teaching… by summer, meron man o walang available na work… iiwan ko muna ang pagtuturo at maghahanap ng mas malagong field experience… hindi lang dahil sa… well financial, kundi para na rin sa self fulfillment… yes such strong word self-fulfillment is… gusto ko pag balik ko sa aking teaching career, I cannot just inspire… I cannot just make my students realize their full potentials, I want them to really learn more from me… grow on me… and I cannot do that until I’m well… career fulfilled my self…

Niweys, I’m looking forward for this upcoming sem… where I can learn more of myself, enjoy everything that there is in my grasp, and teach more than I know =) kahit ako ang proficiency ko e sakto lang… haaayyy… siguro kung ang mga topnotch students natin ang mga magiging instructor ng ating mga institusyon… e di sana mas malupit ang ating mga estudyante, at I’m sure mas magiging mataas ang quality ng education… pero I guess sa ngayon mas mabigat pa rin ang passion, ang puso ng ating ginagawa dahil kung meron tayo nun… I guess other things will indeed follow =) yeah!

No comments: