Tuesday, October 21, 2008

PC Broker – Nice Surplus Computer Deals


Electronics sure depreciate quickly nowadays– Last year, when I bought my PC it took me almost Php18000 to completely assemble it, and my specs were;

2.9GHz Pentium D
P4M890M MSI MotherBoard
256MB DDR2 Memory
Nvidia GeForCe 7100 GS Video Card
Lite OnDVD R/W Combo Drive
15" Giant CRT Monitor
Generic Floppy Disk Drive
Trendsonic Tower CPU
Generic MOuse/Keyboard
Computer Table

I had to throw in another Php900.00 for 1GB RAM and and another Php3000.00 for the 80GB Harddisk. (Not putting in consideration the Softwares...)

BUt Last Thursday (October 16, 2008), I helped Trish to assemble his PC. He told me that his budget is only Php10000. I told him that we have no choice but to stick to surplus PCs.



We went to PC Broker, a surplus shop in SM Valenzuela -- it didn't took much effort to assemble the PC since they have these bundled assembled PCs and for less than Php10000 we get to have this!



General Specs includes

3.2GHz Pentium 4 (Massive Heat Sink!)
Dell Motherboard (wasn't able to note exact model)
VGA Built-In Video Card
Built-In LAN and Sound Card
1GB DDR Memory
160 GB SATA Harddisk
48x CDROM
Dell Tower CPU Case (and its quite heavy!)
Generic Mouse/Keyboard

and for only Php7500!




There was another model there sold for the same price with the following specs. Un lang nakareserve na eh... sayang!



We only had to throw another Php1900.00 for the 17" CRT Monitor since LCD Screens cost Php4500.00 and there, we were able to put up a modest PC!

I'm not sure how old these PCs are or how much computing time they were already subjected into. Pero ang galing eh, and to think that they were suppose to buy a PSP instead. At least this machine is actually more useful. :)
at last bagong posT! :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sulit! papa-assemble na din ako! hehe

christian said...

Hi! I am a college student from Valenzuela City. I suppose you have branch in SM Valenzuela, I just want to ask if we can access the history and some information about your wonderful store for our project in our subject Technical Writing. I am grateful if you could grant my request.

gerrycho said...

hi christian - im sorry but i can't help you with that :) since i am not even related with PC Broker.

but i do suggest you make a study about openpinoy.com i believe they set the standards for fair price and quality right now :)